31/10/2016

Ourselves and Each Other



In class we've seen the reflexive and reciprocal pronouns.
Have a look at the presentation and keep practicing!

REMEMBER we also revised Describing People and that you are expected to write a composition on either describing a family member or a close friend.  (About 150 words)

Time limit to give in your homework>> Friday 25th.
_______________________________________
-
-


(CHORUS:)
We are family
I've got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing

Everyone can see we're together
As we walk on by
...and we fly just like birds of a feather
I won't tell no lie
...all of the people around us they say
Can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
We're giving love in a family dose

(CHORUS x2)

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of this world's delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
(WE!) no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel

(REPEAT CHORUS TO FADE)

Enjoy yourselves this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Gracias Dulce, el blog es muy ameno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola soy Haiza,he faltado un par de días y me ha gustado ver qué han hecho en clase, así no me siento tan descolgada, gracias profe ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My good friend Nicolás, by Jesús Tanausú.

    I’ve got a brother that was born the same day than me, but he is older, anyway. Perhaps you can be asking yourself: Is it possible? Of course, it is. You know it. He could be a stepbrother, for example, but it isn’t, because I’m talking about my twin Nicolás, that although we obviously have the same birthday, he was the firth of both to go out inside my mum, several years ago. I’m not going to say exactly when (we are not kids yet), but it happened just a twelfth of august. It seems that he was in hurry. And probably, it’s like this. In fact, that has to do with his personality.

    We look physically quite different. We are twins (from not the same ovum, any way). That’s true, but we look like just brothers. Actually, I look more similar to some other brothers or sisters, and the same happen to him. So, his skin is much whiter than mine, and he has a blonde and straight hair, and green eyes. However, we both have exactly the same height, and he and I are good looking (I know: “I haven’t got any grandparents”).

    Nicolás is quiet but sociable, sensible, honest, organized and very independent. He is definitely someone very and very practical. The other way round from me, because I’m more imaginative, sensitive and disorganized. He is humble and I’m a little bit arrogant, I’m afraid. And what’s more, he is very impatient, not me. He doesn’t like at all waiting for anything. He wants all right now. That’s why I said before he probably wanted to be the first to be born.

    My twin Nicolás is very keen on most of sports. And he has a lot of talent for all of them, as well; even for sports o games just on the computer. It seems impossible for me to beat him. On the other hand, I have more talent than him, for artistic things for example, such as theatre, dancing, poetry. He loves animals and I prefer plants. He is very clever for mathematics; instead it happens about me, that I feel completely silly when I try to do a mathematical exercise. So, no matter what we are each other, twins I mean, we are totally different, like chalk and cheese.

    I belong to a very big family. We are fourteen siblings. I feel closer to some of them than to Nicolás, and we’re so different! But, at the same time, there is a very special relation-ship or feeling that I haven’t got with anybody else. After all, he is my dear twin. We had to share my mum’s womb during her pregnancy. And we grew together and we spend a lot of time one with the other one when we both were children. I’m really glad to be his twin brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TANA,
    Thank you so much for posting your writing HERE.
    I'll give it back to you in class this week :-)

    Haiza,
    I am so glasd you find our blog useful. That's the idea!
    Thanks for your visit and comment!

    Thanks Leo for coming by too!

    ReplyDelete