10/03/2012

I can do whatever I want...

Listen to this love song. What words are missing in the lyrics below?



It's been seven hours and ____1____days
Since you took your love away

I go out every night and sleep _____2____
Since you took your love away 

Since you've  been gone I can do whatever I want
I can see whomever I  _____3____
I can eat my dinner in a fancy _____4_____
But nothing ...
I said nothing can take away these blues,
'Cause nothing compares ...
Nothing compares to you

It's been so ____5____ without you here
Like a ___6___ without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from  _____7____
Tell me baby, where did I go wrong?

I could put my ____8_____  around every boy I see
But they'd only remind me of you

I went to the____9_____ and guess what he told me
Guess what he told me?
He said, girl, you better try to have ___10_____
No matter what you do
But he's a fool ...
'Cause nothing compares ...
Nothing compares to you ...
...
All the flowers that you ____11____, mama
In the back yard
All died when you went away 

I know that ____12____with you baby was sometimes hard
But I'm willing to give it another try

Nothing compares ...
Nothing compares to you (...x 2)

See answers in comment #1

Now see the revision for the modal verbs in the post below!


7 comments:

  1. ANSWERS
    1 fifteen
    2 all day
    3 choose
    4 restaurant
    5 lonely
    6 bird
    7 falling
    8 arms
    9 doctor
    10 fun
    11 planted,
    12 living

    How many did you get right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening songs in English, I think it´s an enjoyable way to improve your Ennglish.
    I have got 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve got twelve but I have sung this song many times!
    Ups!
    Nayra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got nine. But she is Irish......Ñito

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good!!!

    Now, if you look at her while she is singing I think you can get the missing words much better!

    Ñito,
    Her Irish accent is not noticeable while she is singing.. :-)

    Thank you so much my dear guys for commenting- keep on with the good work

    Cheers!!!
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only 6..ups...but I only listened the song once..

    ReplyDelete