20/03/2012

Writing a formal letter/ email

In class we have looked at how to write informal and formal letters or e mails.
Have a look at the document for revision.


Letter Letters NI1










Remember OUR homework for NEXT WEEK:

Imagine you are not good at using computers.
You are living and working in London. You have found a course in a newspaper advert...

Write an e mail to Itech Courses in London, telling them about your computers skills and asking for further information about the course.
Use the language studied in class, especially that of  the last photocopy given (Copy Save & Delete)

Write about 180 words.

4 comments:

  1. Can you tell me where can I send the e-mail? I can't go to class next week. Thanks in advance. Absalón

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me where can I send the e-mail? I can't go to class next week. Thanks in advance. Absalón

    ReplyDelete
  3. From:
    To: "courses@itech.com.uk"
    Subject: Asking for information about courses
    Date: Sunday, March 25th 2012 18:57

    London Itech Couses
    Dear Sirs,

    My name is Absalón González. I am contacting you because I have found your courses in a local newspaper advert and I want to do one of them.

    I live in London and I work in an insurance company. I only know how to copy, paste and delete files and sent e-mails using Microsoft Windows XP and I want to improve my knowledge about computers. I also know a little about hardware like how to use the keyboard, mouse and monitor but I don't know how to use the printer or the scanner. Even I don't know how to use an internet browser.

    Furthermore I want to learn how to use a memory stick too. In the future I would like to know how to wire a network between computers, compress files, make a web page and edit my own videos. I don´t need to learn how to program software because we buy all the software we need like word processors, spreadsheets and databases.

    I want to know if you have a course this way. How often and how long it would be?. I can go to classes in the afternoon except Thursdays and Sundays. And it´s very important to me how much would it cost. I can only afford a £100 weekly course.

    Yours cordially,
    Absalón Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information. It helps me very much.
    Coralia

    ReplyDelete